We are excited to announce that MCSD is supporting Halloween activities this year! Here are some basic details for Grant’s Halloween festivities:
- Halloween will be celebrated on Friday, October 29th. School will be dismissed at 1:15 pm for Teacher Professional Development.
- Students should come to school in their costumes if they wish to participate. All costumes must be school appropriate, must not include fake weapons or face-covering masks. Medical masks are permitted as is light face paint.
- Our Halloween parade will be outside this year. Because of health concerns, we will not have a parade indoors. The parade will be held outside regardless of weather, with the exception of thunder and lightning. In this case, the parade will be canceled or postponed. Please dress appropriately and watch for a parade map to come!
- Online students are welcome to join us!
- Families are encouraged to walk to the school that morning, if possible. Please be considerate when parking. Be careful not to block our neighbors’ driveways or other cars parked in designated stalls.
- Students may bring a change of clothes for after the parade.
- Individual classroom teachers will make decisions about classroom parties and will communicate to their students and families.
- PTA Room Parents will coordinate volunteers (no more than 3 or 4 per class.)
- No food treats are allowed unless they are commercially prepared and individually wrapped. Non-food items are encouraged as an alternative but please check with the classroom teacher.